This article describes the process of updating the firmware of a Dante expansion card of an older single rack unit ESP processor to support 32 channels of Dante input and output. With the release of ControlSpace Designer v4.4 in February 2016, single rack unit ESP devices are able to support 32x32 channels of Dante audio in and out of the optional expansion card.
This article provides two different methods of performing this update.
For either method; ensure that the ControlSpace ESP device is connected to the same network and is within the same subnet as the computer being used to perform this procedure.
- ControlSpace ESP-880
- ControlSpace ESP-4120
- ControlSpace ESP-1240
- ControlSpace ESP-1600
Table of Contents
- In an explorer window on the computer, navigate to the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Bose\ControlSpace [version number]\bin
- Run the program fum.exe and ensure the correct network adapter is shown. Click Next.
- Select Update Dante Firmware.
- On the next screen, click Browse... and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bose\ControlSpace [version number]\bin\Dante Firmware
- Select either Bose_DanteCard_vX.x.x.x.dnt, DNC-R32.dnt, or Bose_ESP-FixedIO_vX.x.x.x.dnt, depending on the ControlSpace Designer version installed.
- Click the checkbox to enable the Override Device Matching option, then click Next
- If you see this warning box, click Yes to continue.
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the device(s) in the list that will receive the firmware update. Devices to be updated will be the DNC-R Model type. WARNING - Do not select devices that do not have DNC-R in their model version. Running this firmware update for non-DNC-R devices with the Override Device Matching option selected can cause issues with the card.
- Click Start.
- After upgrading the firmware hard power cycle the ESP processor.
Before starting this procedure:
- Ensure that the latest version of Audinate Dante Controller Software is installed on your computer. For more information, visit audinate.com.
- See the knowledge article titled Preparing Dante Updater for Updating Bose Dante Firmware regarding loading custom firmware into Dante Updater.
Once complete with the two steps above:
- Launch Dante Controller Software.
- In the View menu, select Dante Updater, or click Ctrl+U in Windows or Command+U in Mac OS.
- Click the caret beside IMPORTED FIRMWARE FILES to expand the listing. Click the caret beside a matching device. Devices to be updated will be the DNC-R Model type.
- Click UPGRADE to begin the firmware update.
- Once the update is complete, hard power cycle the ESP processor.